All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn unprecedented publication showcasing Gucci as never before, including thought-provoking essays, commentaries, and authoritative anecdotes along with previously unpublished contemporary and archival photographs. Published in conjunction with the opening of the new Gucci Museum in Florence, Gucci is the ultimate celebration of the world-rewned fashion house. Told through a loose grouping of words, concepts, shapes, and moods, the book tells its story through new conceptual forms and the free links between images, symbols, and objects. Edited by Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini, with essays and inserts by contributors including Katie Grand, Peter Arnell, Rula Jebreal, Christopher Breward and Stefa Micelli, Gucci: The Making Of is a dynamic record of a much-coveted brand that will be a must this season for anyone with a love of fashion and an interest in contemporary culture. This comprehensive volume showcases the genius of the fashion house through an exclusive lens with inside looks into the inspirations behind the design.<br>This gorgeous book designed by Arnell offers an in-depth look into Gucci's origins, identity, influence, and invation, including fabrication methods and appropriation of signature materials, past and present, and its influence among high society and Hollywood. The book is a heartfelt and personalized tribute to the heritage and influence of this iconic, multifaceted brand. <br>In recognition of its ongoing partnership with UNICEF and the release of this luxury edition, Gucci will make a donation of US $250,000 to support UNICEF's Schools for Africa initiative.
- Author Biography<p>Katie Grand is Editor in Chief of Love Magazine. Peter Arnell is former Chairman and Chief Creative Officer of Arnell Group, an advertising and brand identity company. Rula Jebreal is an established novelist and journalist. Christopher Breward is Professor in Historical and Cultural Studies, London College of Fashion, and Editor Frida Giannini is Gucci's Creative Director.
- Author(s)Stefano Tonchi
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note400 Colour and Black and White
- Weight3239 g
- Width254 mm
- Height324 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byFrida Giannini
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.