All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionSightwalk, Gueorgui Pinkhassov's first book, is far more than just a book of photographs. It is a beautiful object and an extraordinary piece of design in its own right: a modernist Japanese photo album created from Oriental fabrics and papers, and bound by hand. Within, the sense of invation and artistry is communicated through the photographs that explore the complex ways in which singular details such as plays of light and reflections can capture a spirit and shape an atmosphere. In these images, settings sometimes longer make clear spatial or thematic sense. Rather, just like the artist's accompanying poetic texts that bring them to life, the pictures become a play on our perceptions.
- Author BiographyFast emerging as an innovator and artist in photography, Gueorgui Pinkhassov (b.1952) was born and raised in the Soviet Union. In 1978 he began working as a photographer for several Russian magazines, including L'artiste Sovetique, and a year later his pictures were noticed during a group exhibition of Soviet photography in Paris. In 1991 Pinkhassov became a member of the prestigious photo agency Magnum.
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width295 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Gueorgui Pinkhassov
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.