All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionGetting the educational provision you need for your special needs child can feel like an uphill struggle. This book offers clear guidance on how authorities such as Local Education Authorities, schools, the National Health Service and the Government function, what the law entitles your child to, and how you can fight most effectively for the education they need. Basing the book on her own experience of bringing up two sons with special educational needs, Ellen Power describes how she worked with - and in some cases challenged - the authorities to get the right education for her children. Outlining what she did, how she did it, and how you can do the same, she explains clearly the implications of the Special Educational Needs code of practice and the Disability Discrimination Act, as well as giving advice on diagsis, assessment, and dealing with the authorities. Further sections look at how to address issues such as transition between schools, and bullying. Interweaving real-life experience with practical advice, Guerrilla Mum is essential reading for parents of children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Author BiographyEllen Power has a BA Honours Degree in French and History. After graduation she worked as a police officer then in commerce before having her first child in the mid 1990's. Since then she and her husband have been tireless campaigners for their children's rights to access the curriculum at school and to meet their potential in life. She has contributed to the National Autistic Society magazine 'Communication', discussing the issue of homeschooling children on the Autistic Spectrum. She lives with her husband and two young sons.
- Author(s)Ellen Power
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.