All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionGuide to Fitness After Fifty presents basic and applied research data, authoritative advice and tested techniques for professional workers who want to learn more about physical exercise, fitness and health for aging people and for all who seek to become more physically and mentally fit. The editors and contributors believe that physical activity and exercise following the pri~ciples and practices ~utlined in this inter- disciplinary volume can improve the health and quality of life by increasing en- durance and cardiovascular fitness, strengthening the musculoskeletal system, im- proving mobility, posture and appearance, and relaxing emotional tensions. Evidence at hand and discussed in this book demonstrates that properly prescribed physical activity or exercise can raise the level of physical fitness and health, both physical and mental, at any age, delay the ravages of aging, and prevent or reduce disability from musculoskeletal and circulatory disorders. Section I, Perspectives on Exercise and Aging, surveys the fundamental problems and relationships of exercise to aging and health and provides historical insights and philosophic perspectives on the significance and importance of physical fitness and exercise through the centuries and in contemporary society. Section II, Evaluation and Physiology of Exercise, presents objective scientific and medical evidence that reasonable improvement in fitness and other bodily func- tions may be achieved by people of all ages who follow well designed exercise and relaxation routines for at least 30 minutes three or more times weekly.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight653 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byL. J. Frankel,R. Harris
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.