Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasing diversity in American society demands information concerning the availablity of ethnic resources for teaching, for providing information to ethnic communities, and for conducting research. Ethnic museums, libraries, and archives are rich sources of this information. Seven hundred and eighty-six such cultural institutions are described in this Guide, covering over 70 ethnic groups. Any organization or institution that concerns itself with the multicultural aspects of life in the United States will be interested in owning this volume, the most current and comprehensive work of its kind. It describes t only the collections but the sponsoring organization's publications and other special services. Data in each entry were elicited via a questionnaire completed by an officer of the group. Each entry covers the following information: institution name; address; telephone and fax numbers; type of institution; sponsoring organization; personnel; contact person; date founded; scope (local to international); hours available; admission; types of visitors; staff; operating budget; publications; collection (extent and nature of books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, artifacts, archival records); and comments on the institution's objectives and special services (exhibits, tours, performing arts presentations, speakers, and so forth).
- Author BiographyLOIS J. BUTTLAR is Associate Professor, School of Library and Information Science, Kent State University. She has published books and articles related to education, ethnic collections, and multicultural librarianship. She co-authored (with Rosemary Du Mont and William Caynon) Multiculturalism in Libraries (Greenwood, 1994) and was associate editor of Ethnic Forum: Journal of Ethnic Studies and Ethnic Bibliography from 1980 to 1995. LUBOMYR R. WYNAR is Editor of Ethnic Forum: Journal of Ethnic Studies and Ethnic Bibliography and is Director of the Center for the Study of Ethnic Publications and Cultural Institutions at Kent State University. He has authored over 1,300 books, reference guides, articles, and reviews in the areas of history, ethnic studies, bibliography, library science, and other subjects. He is presently Professor Emeritus at Kent State University and Professor of History at the Ukrainische Freie Universitaet in Munich.
- Author(s)Lois J. Buttlar,Lubomyr R. Wynar
- Date of Publication19/01/1996
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Ethnic Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 7
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.