All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to provide information for the nephrologist to gain a perspective on the medical, scientific, and technical aspects of reprocess- ing of hemodialyzers. The book is also designed to serve the needs of the associated medical, nursing, and technical staffs of dialysis facilities for data on reuse of hemodialyzers. As an information source, the book will prove to be useful for those who may be considering reprocessing of dialyzers, as well as persons who are currently involved in this aspect of the practice of nephrology. We have focused on the clinical and techlogical aspects of hemodialyzer reprocessing and have t dealt with socioecomic considerations. We do wish to share with physicians performing hemodialysis several observations we have made as a result of assembling this volume. We believe that hemodialyzer reuse has had a beneficial impact on the quality of care for hemodialysis patients in consideration of the following factors. There is an increased awareness of membrane biocompatibility issues that has been brought to the forefront with the application of reuse. Utilization ofhemodialyzer reprocess- ing has enabled nephrologists . to compare the effect of various measures on biocompatibility when the patient is exposed to either a new or a reprocessed device. Previously, few readily available comparisons existed. In the practice of dialysis, water quality has always been of considerable importance. With the advent of widespread hemodialyzer reprocessing, the issues of water bacteriology and water quality have become more prominent.
- Author(s)James A. Bemis,Norman Deane,Robert J. Wineman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopments in Nephrology
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight349 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.