All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to systematically describe the range of approaches used in music imagery and Guided Imagery and Music across the lifespan, from young children through to palliative care with older people. Covering a broad spectrum of client populations and settings, international contributors present various adaptations of the Bonny Method of Guided Imagery to accommodate factors such as time restraints, context (including hospitals, schools, and the wider community), client symptomology, and the increasing use of more contemporary music. Each chapter presents a different model and includes background information on the client group, the type of approach, elements of approach (including length of the session, choice of music, verbal interventions during the music, and discussion of the experience), and theoretical orientation and intention. A menclature for the range of approaches is also included. This information will be a valued guide for both practitioners and students of Guided Imagery and Music and receptive methods of music therapy.
- Author BiographyDenise Grocke is Emeritus Professor at the University of Melbourne. She has practiced Guided Imagery and Music for over 25 years and music therapy for over 40 years, particularly with people who have psychiatric disorders, neurological disorders and those with dementia. She is a Fellow of the Association for Music and Imagery in the US and has been the Keynote Speaker at international conferences in GIM in the US, Canada and Europe. Denise is co-author of Receptive Methods in Music Therapy, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers, with Tony Wigram. Torben Moe has been a Primary Trainer in GIM since 1995 and has run training programs in a number of countries in Northern Europe. He is a Fellow of the Association for Music and Imagery in the US and has worked as a music therapist with people who have psychiatric disorders, personality disorders, neurological disorders and brain damage. He founded the Danish GIM Network in 1992, and today he is the Chair of the Steering Board of the European Association of Music and Imagery (EAMI).
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note31 colour artwork in 12pp central plate
- Weight771 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDenise Grocke,Torben Moe
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.