All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionVisiting historic buildings is one of Britain's most popular pursuits. But, all too often, visitors are frustrated by existing guidebooks, which assume much prior kwledge of architectural history and terms. This highly illustrated, accessible book presents a completely new look at cathedrals, abbeys and churches through the eyes of a vastly experienced working stone-mason. Thomas Maude uses well-chosen historical and technical information, colourful anecdote and his hands-on kwledge of building structures and technique to convey the excitement which they hold in store. This remarkable and engaging book will help any visitor understand and enjoy the medieval ecclesiastical buildings of Britain - from the humble parish church to the mighty cathedral.
- Author BiographyThomas Maude studied at the European Centre for Craftsmen in Venice and has held the William Morris Craft Fellowship. He has worked as a stone-mason on some of Europe's most prestigious restoration projects, including Salisbury cathedral and Wells Cathedral.
- Author(s)Thomas Maude
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTauris Parke Paperbacks
- Content Note60 b&w halftones & line illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width150 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.