Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first English-language study of one of Flanders' greatest poets, Hermine J. van Nuis presents an overview of Guido Gezelle's major poetry collections and focuses upon his evolution as a poet and thinker. The author places Gezelle's poetry within its significant cultural and political contexts and analyzes his major poetry collections in terms of the circumstances of his life that shaped them. Synthesizing various critical viewpoints expressed in Netherlandic scholarship, van Nuis demonstrates how Gezelle's poetic technique paved the way for modern Dutch poetry. The volume is complete with a selected bibliography, tes, references, and a chrology of the poet's life.
- Author Biographyn Nuis /f Hermine /i J.
- Author(s)Hermine J. van Nuis
- Date of Publication21/02/1986
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleContributions to the Study of World Literature
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 13
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.