All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the British Lord Cornwallis launched his invasion of North Carolina in early 1781, his objective was to destroy General Nathaniel Greene's army. Greene fell back before him into Virginia, yet the American force grew daily as militia flocked to the colours. At Guilford Courthouse on 15 March 1781 the two armies met. This book describes the see-saw battle that ensued as victory seemed to be within the American grasp, but the British held off a fierce counterattack by American infantry and cavalry, and forced Greene to concede the field. It was a British victory but at a terrible cost - Cornwallis lost over a quarter of his men.
- Author BiographyAngus Konstam hails from the Orkney Islands and is the author of over 15 books, many of which are published by Osprey. His other maritime titles include Elite 67: 'Pirates 1660-1730', Elite 69: 'Buccaneers 1620-1700' and Elite 70: 'Elizabethan Sea Dogs 1560-1605'. Formerly the Curator of Weapons in the Royal Armouries at the Tower of London, he also served as the Chief Curator of the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum in Key West, Florida. He is now based in London, where he combines a freelance museum consultancy business with a career as a historian and writer. Adam Hook studied graphic design at art college and began his illustrating career in 1983. He has worked with a variety of educational publishers covering various subjects within the fields of history and natural history. For Osprey he has illustrated numerous Campaign and Warrior titles. Adam lives and works in Sussex, UK.
- Author(s)Angus Konstam
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/06/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCampaign 109 S.
- Series Part/Volume Number109
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note11 colour & 75 b&w illustrations, index
- Weight324 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adam Hook
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.