All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis riveting book is based upon a true story. Although the locations in this story actually exist and all the events portrayed here really did occur, some literary license was necessary and the names of all participants were changed for obvious reasons. A man was arrested, tried and convicted of the murder of his nephew, a crime he did t commit. Contributing to this tragedy were a stubborn defendant who refused to listen to his lawyer, a system driven by political and financial considerations, too many illogical and contradictory statements by both witnesses and the accused man, and a fatal loss of control by the defendant in the witness box. There was prejudice throughout the investigation and at trial with a white defendant facing off against black homicide detectives, a black judge and a predominantly black jury in a city grown weary of placing its young black men behind bars. This perfect legal storm combined to condemn and incarcerate an incent man who could t be proven incent until long after the homicide had occurred. Many of the participants in this story have never recovered from this tragedy.
- Author BiographyJoseph Anthony is the pen name of an internationally-respected scientist who has published extensively in the scientific literature and written a number of textbooks and contributed chapters to many specialized monographs in science and the biomedical field. He now lives in San Antonio, Texas with his wife Susan and their two cats Marvin and Simon. This is his first non-scientific book.
- Author(s)Joseph Anthony
- PublisherPermuted Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationAR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPost Hill Press
- Out-of-print date02/08/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.