All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRussia has a deep and rich cultural tradition of artists, writers, musicians, and composers. The names Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky, and Rachmaniff may belong to the world, but these composers were Russian through and through. Guitar Atlas: Russia explores the country's remarkable musical heritage, covering everything from the music of Russian villages to the sacred tones and melodies adapted from ancient Byzantine modes. This will give you a deeper understanding and appreciation for a truly unique culture. Traditional Russian instruments, like the balalaika, domra, and seven-string guitar, are explained in detail, as well as the altered tunings and techniques designed to emulate them. Since folk music is such an integral part of Russian culture, this book explores familiar work songs, epic songs of the Russian bards, and romances of the Russian gypsies. Learning these songs will enrich your repertoire and give you insight into the music that has inspired some of the greatest artists and musicians in history. By the time you're done, you will have gained a fresh perspective into one of the world's greatest musical traditions and see that passion is at the heart of Russian music. The CD includes all the examples and demonstrations featured in the book.
- Author(s)Alfred Publishing,Frank Natter
- PublisherAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleNational Guitar Workshop: Guitar Atlas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Weight181 g
- Width221 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.