Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $14.00Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, geopolitical disruptions, tightening oil supply, refining constraints and rising demand have combined to maintain high oil prices, allowing Middle East oil producers to capitalize on the resulting revenue windfall. However, formidable challenges for long-term production loom ahead: Can Gulf oil producers allay the supply security concerns of major consumer nations? How will limitations in crude quality and constraints in refining capacity impact on global energy markets? How can OPEC maintain reasonable oil prices in the face of exhaustible oil supplies and inexhaustible global demand? How will growing n-OPEC production affect OPEC's predominant market position in the future? Gulf Oil and Gas assesses the vital energy issues: the globalization of the gas trade, trends in crude quality; cooperation between consumers and producers; links between national and foreign oil companies; future demand for Gulf energy; prospects for augmented Gulf production; sustainability of Saudi Arabia's excess capacity; concerns over oilfield security; imperatives for attracting investment and the need for additional oil refining capacity. For the Gulf producers, ensuring ecomic security means going beyond petroleum resource management to formulate policies leading to diversified national development and greater ecomic cohesion while safeguarding the region's strategic position in an integrated world ecomy.
- Author BiographyThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research is based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- PublisherThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- Date of Publication21/12/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight739 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.