All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades, Colombia has contended with a variety of highly publicized conflicts, including the rise of paramilitary groups in response to rebel insurgencies of the 1960s, the expansion of an illegal drug industry that has permeated politics and society since the 1970s, and a faltering ecomy in the 1990s. An unprecedented analysis of these struggles, <cite>Guns, Drugs, and Development in Colombia brings together leading scholars from a variety of fields, blending previously unseen quantitative data with historical analysis for an impressively comprehensive assessment. Culminating in an inspiring plan for peace, based on Four Cornerstones of Pacification, this landmark work is sure to spur new calls for change in this corner of Latin America and beyond.
- Author BiographyJennifer S. Holmes is Associate Professor of Political Economy and Political Science at the University of Texas at Dallas and is the author of Terrorism and Democratic Stability. Sheila Amin Gutierrez de Pineres is Professor of Economics and Political Economy, and Associate Provost at the University of Texas at Dallas. Kevin M. Curtin is Associate Professor of Geography at George Mason University in Virginia.
- Author(s)Jennifer S. Holmes,Kevin M. Curtin,Sheila Amin Gutierrez de Pineres
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note20 line drawings, 15 maps, 26 tables
- Weight482 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine509 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.