All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBursting onto the Los Angeles rock scene in the mid-1980s, Guns N Roses redefined rock n roll turning back the tide on the excesses of glam metal and the banality of MTV-spawned New Wave/synth pop by infusing the blistering hard rock of Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith with a punk sensibility that hearkened back to the onstage anarchy of the Stooges, New York Dolls, and Sex Pistols. In 1987, GN R released the seminal album Appetite for Destruction, which reached number one on the U.S. charts and to date has sold more than 30 million copies, making it the bestselling debut album of all time in the United States. However, GN R s outrageous excesses and self-destructiveness led to turmoil in the early 1990s as the original band members went their own ways all except lead singer Axl Rose, who forged on through a series of lineup changes to finally release the long-awaited album Chinese Democracy in 2008. Guns N Roses FAQ charts the amazing journey of the band from their early West Hollywood club days to their skyrocketing success in the late 1980s and their downfall in the 1990s- all the way to their 2012 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the reunion of three of the five classic band members during the 2016 Not in This Lifetime Tour. Readers will discover a treasure trove of interesting material in Guns N Roses FAQ, such as the band s earliest influences and venues, most torious concerts, opening acts, highlights of their seemingly endless Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion tours, bizarre TV appearances (like the time they destroyed the set of MTV s Headbangers Ball!), feuds, the story behind their music videos, best and worst covers (Pat Boone, anyone?), and much more.
- Author BiographyRICH WEIDMAN (Ocoee, FL) is a writer and editor. His works include The Doors FAQ: All That s Left to Know About the Kings of Acid Rock and The Beat Generation FAQ: All That s Left to Know About the Angelheaded Hipsters, as well as several regional travel guides. He serves as editor of two pop-culture and movie-related websites: Alternative Reel and Forgotten Movie Classics.
- Author(s)Rich Weidman
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication20/06/2017
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleFAQ Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApplause Theatre Book Publishers
- Content NoteBlack and white photos throughout
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.