All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the fact that Swedish-American filmmaker Gunvor Nelson has been one of the most significant women in the avant-garde film tradition since the mid-60s there has been comprehensive overview of her work and its various contexts. At last the publication of Gunvor Nelson and the Avant-Garde fills the gap. The essays in the book are divided into four parts which offer four contexts for exploring the audiovisual connections to the work of Gunvor Nelson: conceptual mappings regarding the avant-garde and the avant-garde tradition; historical contexts in the USA and in Sweden; contemporary practices in production and distribution; the films of Gunvor Nelson in relation to the American Avant-Garde as well as her video works since the 90s. The book closes with an extensive interview with Nelson herself.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: John Sundholm is Senior Lecturer in Film Studies at the division for Culture and Communication at Karlstad University, Sweden, and Reader in Cultural Analysis at Abo Akademi University, Finland.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note17 fig.
- Weight260 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJohn Sundholm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.