Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionGuru Dakshina is a term which means a payment of some kind, a donation given to the one who imparts spiritual kwledge, that is, a guru--literally, the dispeller (Ru) of the darkness of igrance (Gu). Only light, of course, can obliterate the dark and where the light is, there is dark. The two do t and cant co-exist. The illumined masters and prophets of the world's religions since time immemorial speak of that Divine Kwledge coming in the form of Light. It is That Light which the Guru reveals when appropriate and according to the capacity of the individual to receive it. When That Light reflects in a stilled mind and reveals OneGod, it is what you call the enlightenment. Guru Dakshina - a love offering shines a spotlight on only a fraction of the spiritual wisdom shared with thirsty Truth-seekers the world over by the author's peerless guru, Sri Sadguru Sant Keshavadas. Interspersed with Guruji's illumination of eternal kwledge are vignettes of the sometimes playful, sometimes painful, sometimes miraculous sculpting the author undergoes in order to advance on the path of bhakti yoga, the path of reuniting with God through devotion.
- Author BiographyAlthough born in America and no stranger to the rhythms of American slang, Sw. Vandana Jyothi's Western woman's body contains a decidedly mystical Eastern heart. Half her life has been spent absorbing and sharing the teachings of her remarkable--most remarkable!--guru, the late Sri Sadguru Sant Keshavadasji of India. Sw. Vandana donates all proceeds from the sales of her books to the Foundation for Cosmic Religion, a non-profit religious organization. The goal of the Foundation, of which she currently is President, is to live and teach the underlying unity among the world's religions, that is, that there is one and only one God whose holy Names are many. Guruji, as he was known and loved by appreciative devotees world-wide, inspired her with his vision of building a place where all the religions of the world are represented, not as a stew of traditions but as a teaching facility and holy shrine which glorifies OneGod in all His/Her/Its infinite variety. Tatastu! Amen! So be it!
- Author(s)Sw Vandana Jyothi
- PublisherFoundation for Cosmic Religion
- Date of Publication09/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFoundation for Cosmic Religion
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.