All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo Tibetan Buddhists Guru Rinpoche is a Buddha. This book recounts Guru Rinpoche's historic visit to Tibet and explains his continuing significance to Buddhists. In doing so, it illustrates how a country whose powerful armies overrun the capital of China and installed a puppet emperor cam to abandon its aggressive military campaigns. This transformation was due to Guru Rinpoche, who tamed and converted Tibet to Buddhism and thereby changed the course of Asian history. This book recounts Guru Rinpoche's historical visit to Tibet and explains his continuing significance to Buddhists. Three very different Tibetan accounts of his story are presented: one Buddhist, one according to the pre-Buddhist Tibetan religion, Bon, and one based on Indian and early Tibetan historical documents.
- Author BiographyNgawang Zangpo (Hugh Leslie Thompson) completed two three-year retreats under the direction of the late Kalu Rinpoche. He is presently working on a number of translation projects under the direction of Chadral Rinpoche and Lama Tharchin Rinpoche. He has also contributed to Kalu Rinpoche's translation group's books Myriad Worlds and Buddhist Ethics.
- Author(s)Ngawang Zangpo
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/11/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSnow Lion Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.