Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionGuru-YOU! is the Ultimate Self-Help Book. The Large Print Edition includes the original book with the Tools A-Z section available separately in Large Print as well. Together, the two large print books have a comparable combined price to the entire original edition. Guru-YOU!'s inaugural book brings up a complete array of potential blocks to achieving our dreams, and in each chapter, explains step-by-step how to overcome these obstacles. This first book looks at everything from how to have the physical health or weight we want to how to let go of drama and stop the overwhelming thoughts that threaten our mental clarity. Guru-YOU! makes the tough issues (weight, relationships, childhood problems, drama in the workplace, general unhappiness) simple. It doesn't minimize their importance, it gives us easy, fun, real-life ways to handle the areas in which we struggle. The chapters are short, hard-hitting, and have an activity or two at the end of each one which allow you to apply what you have learned. These mini-workshops are engaging and probing, and are tailored specifically to you. Guru-YOU! is about recognizing the answers are within, recognizing how to get to these answers, recognizing it doesn't have to be hard or complicated to stop struggling, and kwing the tools needed to do so are right at our fingertips in this book. Organizationally, the book is divided into four parts, How Guru-YOU! Disappeared (the past), Why Guru-YOU! is Hiding (the present), and Becoming Guru-YOU! (the future) plus a cross-referenced Tools A-Z section as a separate reference book. Guru-YOU! includes links to audio meditations, video tutorials, other websites, and multimedia activities. The fourth section (sold separately in large print), is an array of tools cross-referenced through the chapters, and outlined in the table of contents for easy reference. It shows you where to go for detailed help in any area (relationship experts, Reiki, meditation techniques, or how to find a group near you) and also give you starting points for growing and evolving (creative outlets that work for the uncreative, finding a spiritual connection in nature, books, church, travels, etc). This section is vital because most self-help books insist they have THE system that will fit EVERYONE. In Guru-YOU! readers get a step-by-step plan but, within that framework, reference many other authors, speakers, conferences, workshops, ideas, and tools to make sure they find exactly what they need when looking for support. The separate Tools A-Z book is like a self-help Yellow Pages. It includes most anything a reader might need to put the chapters' ideas into action. The well-defined table of contents allows you to easily find his or her issue and go right to the chapter needed. Chapter titles are very clear and antated so it's like many mini-books in one. Plus, after 3-5 pages on a topic, we already feel better, have a direction, and kw what to do in our issue area-instead of buying a separate book for each one. Sometimes, we'll realize we need to delve further into one area. That's when we go to Tools A-Z and find more books on the subject (or soon, go to the Guru-YOU! book on that subject). So many self-help books are contingent on wading through the whole thing for very few tidbits we feel are applicable to ourselves. In today's hectic society, we need what we need right when we need it, and with techlogy advancing at the rate it is, we expect the answers lightning fast. Guru-YOU! provides that quick response time, keeps it fun, and ensures all readers have a complete register of what they may need to Inquire Within about any issue. Have a problem? There's a chAPPter for that! For more (podcasts, blog, radio show, videos and more) go to www.guru-you.com.
- Author BiographyCC Lawhon, M.Ed. is a teacher. She is that rare combination of intelligent scholar and open spirit who naturally attracts those who are looking to learn, with an approach that is unequivocally not textbook. Her passion for mentoring and assisting others to recognize their strengths has been evident in her work - in teaching institutions, within the corporate world and in the homes of families whom her heart has touched. CC is dedicated to changing the culture of education & self-help to maximize individual growth and to foster a more holistic view of our learning processes. CC speaks across the country and does private sessions in person and via Skype. You can hear her on her radio show Guru-YOU! every 2nd and 4th Thursday online at Contact Talk Radio (www.ctrhotspot.com). Visit the website for CC's blog, podcast & more at: www.guru-you.com.
- Author(s)CC Lawhon M Ed
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition annotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.