All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionGus S. Wortham was a good businessman. Among other enterprises, he started a highly successful insurance company, American General, and helped to shape the ecomic institutions of Houston.<br><br>Gus Wortham was a civic leader, who worked actively in the Chamber of Commerce to influence the city's ecomic climate and who left the city a legacy of cultural institutions, including the Wortham Theater Center.<br><br>Gus Wortham was a rancher and land developer. Land: they aren't making any more of it, he liked to say. So he bought it, developed it, and built a business with it.<br><br>In short, he became one of the most influential men in the history of Houston. This is the story of his life, his business, his city. Company records and interviews with all Wortham's surviving friends and associates combine to make it a thorough account. Urban and business historians alike will find this book a fascinating study, and those who kw, or want to kw, Houston will find it an enlightening chronicle.
- Author Biography<strong>Fran Dressman</strong>, formerly a research associate in the University of Houston's Department of Public History, is now manager of Constituent Communications, University of Houston, USA.
- Author(s)Fran Dressman
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.