All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the most popular and important modern British composers, Gustav Holst (1874-1934) was a true eccentric, given to odd enthusiasms and mystical musings. His spectacular symphonic work The Planets, first performed in 1918, established his international reputation and remains a staple of the orchestral repertoire to this day.Scored for huge orchestral forces and a wordless chorus, the work is divided into seven movements, the music of each embodying the astrological and mystical qualities of a different planet. From the omius, relentless march of -Mars, the Bringer of War- to the robust festivities of -Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity- and the weird, unearthly hush of -Neptune, the Mystic, - the emotional and invative techniques of the suite have delighted and thrilled its vast audience ever since its spectacular debut. Musicians and music lovers alike will want to own this authoritative, attractive, and inexpensive full score.
- Author(s)Gustav Holst
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/07/2000
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.