All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionGustave Le Gray (1820-1884) is one of the heroes ofearly French photography. A pioneer of invativeprocesses, he also made history as an instructor fora whole generation of French photographers and theinitiator and outstanding architectural photog rapherof the mission heliographique documenting France'shistorical monuments. Le Gray, who originally studiedpainting, is also considered to be the founder ofartistic photography. He was one of the first tofollow the painters to Fontainebleau to do his ownphotographic studies of nature. In the mid-1850s, hestarted to produce sea and cloud studies in Normandyand on the western coast of the Mediterranean; thesemade him an overnight sensation among amateursand collectors and earned him the admiration of theImpressionists. Fleeing from creditors, in 1860 heset off with Alexandre Dumas for Italy. He spent thelast 20 years of his life in Cairo, taking photos andworking as a drawing tutor. Today, Le Gray's printsare among the most expensive in the world.
- PublisherSchirmer/Mosel Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication25/10/2015
- Place of PublicationMunchen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSchirmer/Mosel Verlag GmbH
- Weight1043 g
- Width249 mm
- Height312 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.