Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $33.75Trending at AU $36.04
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.86Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $28.52
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.07
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $44.38
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $35.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe first encyclopedia of Italian cuisine. Illustrated with 4,000 stunning photographs and featuring more than 140 recipes. Italian cooking w has a book worthy of its place at the head of the culinary table. A gorgeous and comprehensive reference guide and cookbook dedicated to Italian food and drink, Gusto beautifully illustrates the ingredients and cooking methods used in kitchens from Parma to Tuscany and beyond. The delicious photos represent a breathtaking array of the components that make up Italian dishes from the classic to the unfamiliar. Imagine every cut of beef, all varieties of mushrooms, fourteen different species of crustacean, twelve kinds of prosciutto, all vividly displayed and carefully explained in ravishing detail. Each chapter--on pasta, rice, fish, meat, bread (and yes, pizza), cheese, salami, vegetables, fruit and nuts, herbs and condiments, desserts, cookies and pastry, gelato, chocolate, coffee, and, of course, wine--describes essential ingredients and food preparation methods as well as presenting superb recipes from Italian kitchens. Equally at home on the coffee table or the countertop, Gusto will surprise the sophisticated conisseur and amaze the lover of all things Italian.
- Author BiographyCesare Casella has been sharing his passion for authentic Italian food with Americans for the past 20 years. He is the owner and executive chef of Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto and Il Ristorante Rosi and the Dean of Italian Studies at the International Culinary Center in New York City. He is also a frequent James Beard House and De Gustibus featured visiting guest chef. Casella wrote The Fundamentals of Classic Italian Cuisine (2012), True Tuscan (2005), Italian Cooking for Dummies (2002), and Diary of a Tuscan Chef (1998). Armando Minuz has written a series of cookbooks for Food Editore, Parma, Italy, on pasta, pizza and bread, appetizers, and vegetarian cooking.
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight3514 g
- Width280 mm
- Height369 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byArmando Minuz
- Foreword byCesare Casella
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.