All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title provides an in depth guide to the riding and training of horses, but with a difference. The methods discussed involve a mind, body, spirit approach which is applied equally to horse and rider. The training itself is based on the classical training pyramid for horses - working up through rhythm, suppleness, contact, impulsion and straightness to collection - as defined by the German National Equestrian Federation. The author combines this system with her own mind-body-spirit training building blocks to address first the riders development and then the horse's, taking each of these desired training attributes and working progressively up the pyramid. For the rider, this includes working on body fitness and control through the Pilates exercise system; and for the horse, gymnastic work to improve suppleness and balance.
- Author BiographyBetsy Steiner is an International Grand Prix Dressage rider and busy trainer who has herself trained with such as George Theoderescu, Egon Von Meindorff, Herbert Rehbein and Klaus Balkenhol
- Author(s)Betsy Steiner,Jennifer O. Bryant
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationHaslemere
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKenilworth Press Ltd
- Content NoteCol.ill.
- Width193 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.