All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGymnastics Training Book: Gymnastics Drills and Conditioning Exercises... The gymnastics drills and conditioning exercises in this book will help speed the learning process. Every gymnast must master the gymnastics skills addressed in this drills and conditioning book. The topics include running, vaulting, dance, uneven bars, and press handstand. In the uneven bars section there are drills for the glide kip, cast handstand, and clear hip among other skills. In the dance section there are drills and conditioning exercises for the split leap, straddle jump, and other dance skills. These drills are perfect for gymnasts in levels one through eight. This book was originally published in 2001. Very well written and simple format with stick figure illustrations. There are over 100 drills and conditioning exercises in this book! BOOK REVIEWS... I have several of Karen's books, and I use them constantly. The handstand drills book, in particular, has been invaluable in teaching my gymnasts about basic body tightness and control as well as the handstand. Each books contains such a wide variety of drills that I can pick and choose the ones that are best for my gymnasts and tailor them to our needs. FABULOUS BOOKS! Moselle Campbell Full of information... This book contains a lot of drills and conditioning (obviously) for running, vaulting, bars, dance skills, and press handstands. While there were some things I already knew about, there were other's that seemed helpful! If you are looking for any of the above information, then this is the book for you! Amy Mckell, Amazon Website In the guide Gymnastics Drills and Conditioning Exercises, author and gymnast coach Karen M. Goeller can have you tumbling your way to the gold in time. Cary Allman, Lulu Blog WONDERFUL book-packed with information. Super tool for visual learners. THANKS! M. Maxwell, RI Super book, recommending to all my friends, fast delivery, helpful exercises! N. Stevens-Brown, CA American Vaulting Coach Great book! My daughter loves it. A #1 seller. Would recommend it to all!!! D. Conine, OH Gymnastics Parent FANTASTIC! A goldmine for new team and pre-team coaches! This one is high quality, useful, and reasonably priced... Sarah Jane Clifford, Owner GTC Rochester, NY (National TOPS Testing Host) Great product! My daughter loves it!! M. Mackins, NY Gymnastics Parent Well written, easy to read, good conditioning ideas. Thanks! J. Wisley, WA Thanks for the book, it's perfect. J. Latshaw, NJ Your writing on gymnastics education is very good. P. Spadaro, USAG NY State Chairman and USAIGC Vice President I LOVE this book! Thank you so much!! K. Dute, OH It is a sum up of success on gymnastics. Let the words of New Generation live on in the day in this book. Meng Kui Wang, (Mr. Wang) 40+ years on the elite level as a gymnast and coach. USA and China (New Generation and IGC) I bring mine to the gym every day! C. Brouns, MA Gymnastics Coach and Physical Education Teacher The explanations were clear and the pictures helped. M. Soto, NY Gymnastics Coach and Teacher This book is a great gift...
- Author BiographyKaren Goeller, CSCS, has educated thousands in the fitness and gymnastics industries with her books, articles, and in person. She has been training athletes since 1978 and adults since 1985. Karen Goeller is the author of more gymnastics books than anyone in the USA. Karen started writing books after she was involved in an accident in 2000 and suffered permanent spinal damage. She stopped coaching gymnastics and left her advertising job. To remain involved in gymnastics and fitness, Karen turned to writing. I felt like I had a ton of information in my head that was not being used. I knew it was the perfect time to pass on this knowledge and writing books was the perfect avenue. Karen Goeller's books have been called the most useful on the market. Karen's recent fitness books are the Swing Set Fitness books. It wasn't until the Swing Set Fitness books that Karen started to make good progress with her physical rehabilitation. Karen shared, I finally feel like myself again. I knew I was getting stronger, mentally and physically. When asked if she is healed from the accident, Karen replied, I am still injured, but that no longer defines me. Karen has produced State Champions, National TOPS Team Athletes, and Empire State Games Athletes. Three National Champions are from Karen's gymnastics club. This success was after her 1991 cancer surgery. The cancer surgery was a success, but Karen was left with lymphedema in her leg. She has written a book on life with lymphedema. Karen and her athletes have been featured on TV, radio, and in newspapers since the 1990's. She has appeared on Good Morning America, GoodDay NY, Eyewitness News, and NY Views (old show) among others as well as in The NY Times, NY Newsday, Brooklyn Bridge Magazine, Interview Magazine, and most Brooklyn, NY newspapers. More recently Karen has been featured on Your Story Matters, Lymphedema Mavens, Erin Ley Radio, Lynn Johnson Radio, I Run MY Body Radio, Late Night with Johnny Potenza TV, Talkin' Health with Joe Kasper Radio, Coast Star, Asbury Park Press, Observer/Reporter, Staten Island Advance, and Inside Gymnastics Magazine. Karen has worked for world famous Olympic coach, Bela Karolyi and was the first female camp director. Before earning her BA Degree, Karen's education included training as an EMT, Physical Therapist, and Nutritionist. She has had certifications such as EMT-D, Nutritional Analysis, Fitness Trainer, many USAG certifications, and the NSCA-CSCS certification.
- Author(s)Karen M Goeller
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement5th
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.