All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionRichart's bio-bibliography is a most welcome addition to the literature. For the first time, Richart has made available a comprehensive bibliography, discography, and up-to-date worklist. Ligeti's writings, writings about Ligeti, and reviews and analyses of his works, mainly after his 1956 flight from Hungary to the West, are listed and antated...Richart's short, concise biography is informative and well written...Highly recommended for public, college, and university libraries with music collections. Choice Gyorgy Ligeti is one of the most significant of contemporary composers. Most often described as invative, he has been able to combine beauty and emotional meaning with that invation. This bio-bibliography describes rather than evaluates the considerable body of writings by and about Ligeti. The book is divided into four sections: biography, worklist, discography, and bibliography. The biography is a brief survey designed to acquaint the reader, if necessary, with the basic and widely available facts of Ligeti's life. The bibliography is divided into two parts: writings by Ligeti and writings about him. The largest section in the latter part consists of concert and record reviews. Cross references link all items dealing with each individual music work. An appendix lists, in chrological order, all of the concerts devoted entirely to works by Ligeti. Writings listed in the bibliography are dated from the 1940s onward. The bulk of the material was written after Ligeti's flight to the west in 1956. This first book-length work on Gyorgy Ligeti will be welcomed by music scholars.
- Author BiographyROBERT W. RICHART is Head of Cataloging and Inputting Service, WLN. He has contributed to the Double Reed and Library Journal Book Review.
- Author(s)Robert W. Richart
- Date of Publication11/12/1990
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in Music
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 30
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.