Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionH. Beam Piper is one of science fiction's most enigmatic writers. In 1946 Piper appeared seemingly from out of where, already at the top of his form. He published a number of memorable short stories in the premier science fiction magazine of the time, <em>Astounding Science Fiction</em>, under legendary editor John W. Campbell. Piper quickly became friends with many of the top writers of the day, including Lester Del Rey, Fletcher Pratt, Robert Heinlein and L. Sprague de Camp. Piper also successfully made the turn from promising short story writer to major velist, authoring <em>Four-Day Planet</em>, <em>Cosmic Computer</em>, <em>Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen</em> and <em>Little Fuzzy</em>, which was minated for a Hugo award.<br><br>Even those who counted Piper among their friends knew very little about the man or his life as a railroad yard bull in Altoona, Pennsylvania. This biography illuminates H. Beam Piper, both the writer and the man, and answers lingering questions about his death. Appendices include a number of Piper's personal papers, a complete bibliography of Piper's works, and an essay on Piper's <em>Terro-Human Future History</em> series.
- Author Biography<strong>John F. Carr</strong> has edited numerous anthologies of science fiction, and is also the author of three science fiction novels. He lives in Boalsburg, Pennsylvania.<br><br><strong>Donald E. Palumbo</strong> is a professor of English at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina.<br><br><strong>C.W. Sullivan III</strong> is Distinguished Professor of arts and sciences at East Carolina University and a full member of the Welsh Academy. He is the author of numerous books and the on-line journal <em>Celtic Cultural Studies</em>.
- Author(s)John F. Carr
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleCritical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byC. W. Sullivan,Donald E. Palumbo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.