All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.86
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.45
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.11
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.33
About this product
- DescriptionH. G. Adler: Life, Literature, Legacy is the first collection of essays in English dedicated to the life and work of German-language author H. G. Adler. Among the international scholars of German, Jewish, and Holocaust literature and history who reveal the range of Adler's legacy across genres are Adler's son, Jeremy Adler, and Peter Filkins, translator of Adler's trilogy, Parama (The Journey). Together, the essays examine Adler's writing in relation to his life, especially his memory as a survivor of the Nazi death camps and his posthumous recognition for having produced a Gesamkunstwerk, an aesthetic synthesis of the Shoah. The book carries the moral charge of Adler's work, moving beyond testimony to a complex dialectic between fact and fiction, exploring Adler's experiments with voice and the ethical work of literary engagement with the Shoah.
- Author BiographyJulia Creet is an associate professor in the Department of English, York University, Toronto, Canada. Amira Bojadzija-Dan is a postdoctoral research associate at the Israel and Golda Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Studies at York University, Toronto, Canada. Sara R. Horowitz is a professor of humanities at York University, Toronto, Canada.
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCultural Expressions
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAmira Bojadzija-Dan,Julia Creet,Sara R. Horowitz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.