All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionMore than two decades into the global HIV epidemic, many HIV positive patients who have access to antiretroviral medications are graying. These patients and their clinicians w face ather set of complex health issues related to aging. HIV and Aging examines the kwn effects of HIV and HIV medications on older patients and on their immune systems. The book explores the coalescence of aging and HIV on neurologic, psychiatric, cardiovascular, endocrine, renal, and pulmonary systems and oncology. Written by some of today's top experts, HIV and Aging answers questions like: * What are the similarities with immune system changes that occur with aging and those associated with HIV? * What effects do HIV and HIV medications have on cardiovascular health? * What do we kw about drug interactions between antiretrovirals and medicines used to treat diseases of aging?
- Author BiographySHARON DIAN LEE is Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine University of Kansas, Kansas City, and Founder and Director, Southwest Boulevard Family Health Care, Kansas City, Kansas. Dr. Lee completed her MD from the University of Kansas, Kansas City, and Family Medicine training at Truman Medical Center in Kansas City. She is board certified by the American Board of Family Practice, American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, and American Academy of HIV Medicine.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInforma Healthcare
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited bySharon Dian Lee
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.