All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Australian small business owner's guide to making human resources easy More than 87 percent of Australian workplaces are small businesses employing fewer than 20 people. These small business owners kw their markets, kw their customers, and kw how to make their small business run. What they may t kw is the people stuff. HR for Small Business For Dummies, Australian Edition, explains the simple ins and outs of human resources for businesses too small to have a dedicated HR staff. When it comes to the daunting task of complying with employment regulations, small businesses are treated differently than big businesses, so it's imperative for small business owners to understand the regulatory framework that governs every phase of the employee/employer relationship in Australia. * Presents practical guidance on every major aspect of human resources for Australian small businesses * Covers key topics including recruitment, paperwork, workplace conflict, n-discrimination policies, wages, superannuation, workers compensation, unfair dismissal, redundancy, and more * Includes links to downloadable online resources, including checklists, sample forms, model policies, and guides * Ideal for small business owners and entrepreneurs, students of human resources, and independent contractors looking to grow their business When it comes to hiring and managing employees in your small business, failing to understand human resources and employment regulations can cost you a bundle. HR for Small Business For Dummies makes human resources easy--so you can focus on business.
- Author BiographyPaul Maguire is director of Maguire Consulting (maguire.com.au) and owner of Employee Relations Online (employeerelationsonline.com.au). Paul founded Maguire Consulting with the aim of providing practical HR advice to small and medium enterprises.
- Author(s)Paul Maguire
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationMilton, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementAustralian edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.