All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionA practical guide to the management of habitat for invertebrates. Many invertebrates are highly specialised creatures with very precise habitat requirements. This means that they can be very sensitive indicators of environmental change. It also means that they can be lost from a site through small changes in management of their habitat. This book is a practical manual covering management for invertebrates: it provides guidelines to enable reserve managers and conservationists to take account of the vulnerable habitat features so important to invertebrates. The introduction gives an overview of British invertebrate species, site size and vegetation structure, management need of invertebrates and a summary of invertebrate survey methods. The author then deals, chapter-by-chapter, with each major habitat type: woodland, grasslands, lowland heaths, freshwater wetlands, and coastlands. This is a digital reprint of the 2001 edition (ISBN:0-901930-30-0) - there are changes or updates from the 2001 edition.
- Author BiographyPeter Kirby is a freelance ecological consultant specialising in invertebrate conservation. Previously, he worked for the Nature Conservation Council for five years, preparing county reviews of sites of invertebrate interest and national reviews of the rarer Hemiptera and minor insect orders. He has published many papers, particularly on the Hemiptera.
- Author(s)Peter Kirby
- PublisherPelagic Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPelagic Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight420 g
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.