Hacking Exposed Malware and Rootkits: Malware and Rootkits Secrets and Solutions by Sean M. Bodmer, Aaron Lemasters, Michael A. Davis, Jason Lord (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.35+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionA harrowing guide to where the bad guys hide, and how you can find them. --Dan Kaminsky, Director of Penetration Testing, IOActive An amazing resource. It is timely, focused, and what we need to better understand and defend against one of the greatest cyber threats we face. --From the Foreword by Lance Spitzner, President of the Honeynet Project Don't let ather machine become a zombie in the malware army Defend against the ongoing wave of malware and rootkit assaults the failsafe Hacking Exposed way. Real-world case studies and examples reveal how today's hackers use readily available tools to infiltrate and hijack systems. Step-by-step countermeasures provide proven prevention techniques. Find out how to detect and eliminate malicious embedded code, block pop-ups and websites, prevent keylogging, and terminate rootkits. The latest intrusion detection, firewall, honeynet, antivirus, anti-rootkit, and anti-spyware techlogies are covered in detail. Understand how malware infects, survives, and propagates across an enterprise Learn how hackers use archivers, encryptors, and packers to obfuscate code Implement effective intrusion detection and prevention procedures Defend against keylogging, redirect, click fraud, and identity theft threats Detect, kill, and remove virtual, user-mode, and kernel-mode rootkits Prevent malicious website, phishing, client-side, and embedded-code exploits Protect hosts using the latest antivirus, pop-up blocker, and firewall software Identify and terminate malicious processes using HIPS and NIPS
- Author BiographyMichael A. Davis is CEO of Savid Technologies, Inc., a technology and security consulting firm. He has worked with McAfee, Inc., as senior manager of Global Threats. Michael is a member of the Honeynet Project. Sean M. Bodmer is director of government programs at Savid Corporation, Inc. He is an active honeynet researcher specializing in the analysis of signatures, patterns, and behaviors of malware and attackers. Sean works with the Honeynet Project and the Hacker Profiling Project. Aaron LeMasters is a security researcher specializing in computer forensics, malware analysis, and vulnerability research. He spent five years defending the undefendable DoD networks and is now a senior software engineer at Raytheon SI.
- Author(s)Aaron Lemasters,Jason Lord,Michael A. Davis,Sean M. Bodmer
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleHacking Exposed
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date29/12/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width190 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.