All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionAs a Packt Beginner's Guide, the book is packed with clear step-by-step instructions for performing the most useful tasks, getting you up and running quickly, and learning by doing. This book assumes existing experience with Hadoop or cloud services. It assumes you have familiarity with a programming language such as Java or Ruby but gives you the needed background on the other topics.
- Author BiographyGarry Turkington has 14 years of industry experience, most of which has been focused on the design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems. In his current roles as VP Data Engineering at Improve Digital and the company's lead architect he is primarily responsible for the realization of systems that store, process, and extract value from the company's large data volumes. Before joining Improve Digital he spent time at Amazon UK where he led several software development teams, building systems that process the Amazon catalog data for every item worldwide. Prior to this he spent a decade in various government positions in both the UK and USA. He has BSc and PhD degrees in computer science from the Queens University of Belfast in Northern Ireland and a MEng in Systems Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology in the USA.
- Author(s)Garry Turkington
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight683 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.