All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionHair and Scalp Diseases: Medical, Surgical, and Cosmetic Treatments is a succinct and comprehensive guide examining the treatment of scalp and hair disorders, with a special concentration on ethnicity, hair type, and morphology of hair. Treatments that go beyond accepted US and international guidelines are incorporated, as the authors examine the use of off-label medications in case-sensitive scenarios. Packed with photographs of the scalp and hair that document the pathology, clinical cases, and treatment solutions, Hair and Scalp Diseases: Medical, Surgical, and Cosmetic Treatments * examines effective treatments that may differ from package inserts, allowing treatments for a wide range of patients with differing hair types * integrates ethnic-related variables into discussions of diagsis, treatment, and management across all chapters * discusses approaches for patients with irritant and allergic contact dermatitis reactions of the scalp * lists ingredients and results of data from treatments, including: mechanism of action, absorption characteristics, and general pharmacology in cosmetic, n-prescription, and prescription agents. * provides a full chapter devoted to photographic analysis of hair for clinical use, including: camera type, varying angles, and specific steps for an effective photo.
- Author BiographyAMY J. MCMICHAEL is Associate Professor and Dermatology Residency Program Director, Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Dr. McMichael received her M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, and her post-doctoral training consisted of an Internship in Internal Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, Dermatology Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and advanced training in Epidemiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine. Her research focuses on hair and scalp disorders and skin disease of deeply pigmented skin. She is on the Editorial Board of Cosmetic Dermatology, is the CME editor of Skin & Aging, and has served as a consultant to the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. McMichael also sits on the board of directors for the Women's Dermatology Society and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. MARIA K. HORDINSKY is Professor and Chair of the Department of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis. She received her B.A. from Fordham University, New York, and her M.D. from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks. She completed her first post-graduate year at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit Michigan, and her dermatology residency at the University of Minnesota. Additional training in dermatology and clinical research was subsequently supported with a fellowship from the Dermatology Foundation and a National Research Service Award from the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Hordinsky is recognized for her expertise and research in hair diseases and the peripheral nervous system as it relates to hair follicle biology. Dr. Hordinsky is a recipient of the Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award, sits on the board of directors of the American Dermatologic Association and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleBasic and Clinical Dermatology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInforma Healthcare
- Content Note162 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 66 black & white tables, 159 black & white halftones
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAmy J. McMichael,Maria K. Hordinsky
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.