All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionFiction. In HALAL PORK AND OTHER STORIES, Cihan Kaan projects an avant garde, post 9/11 world, from the perspective of a young Muslim New Yorker. It's a place where Coney Island meets Mars; where hijabi girls are punk rock dervishes; where identity salesmen count pigeons at insane asylums as a cream cheese conspiracy brews in gitmo; where rich boys pay to be Muslim for a day; where the transgendered are holy; and where the bacon is halal. Kaan offers up five urban Sufi tales in the swirling graffiti of Brooklyn.
- Author BiographyCihan Kaan was born in Texas on a Transcendental Meditation commune and raised in Brooklyn. He is a writer, filmmaker, and musician.
- Author(s)Cihan Kaan
- PublisherUpSet Press, Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUpSet Press, Incorporated
- Weight204 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.