Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.21+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the stock market crashes on the Thursday before Easter, you - an ambitious, though ineffectual and t entirely ethical young broker - are convinced you're facing the Weekend From Hell. You don't kw the half of it! This is, after all, a Tom Robbins vel. Obviously, before the market reopens on Monday, you're going to have to scramble and scheme to cover your butt, but there's way you can anticipate the baffling disappearance of a 300-pound psychic, the fall from grace of a born-again monkey, or the intrusion in your life of a tattooed stranger intent on blowing your mind and most of your fuses. Over these fateful three days, you are jerked from one trial and one revelation to ather; forced to confront things ranging from mysterious African rituals to legendary amphibians, from tarot-card bombshells to street violence, from your own sexuality to outer space. The weekend isn't from Hell, it's from Sirius the Dog Star. And by the time it's over, the glide path of your destiny has been kcked widely askew. You may or may t be a better person, you may or may t have found love, the world may or may t be a different place, yet cosmic connections have been established that cant be broken. And as an indication of lust how strange it has all become, you - prosaic, materialistic, irritable you - are left with a complete understanding of the surprisingly serious phrase half asleep in frog pajamas. According to the Los Angeles Times, Trying to describe a Tom Robbins vel by summarizing its plot is like pointing to a swflake and asking someone to grasp the concept of downhill skiing. Robbins's eagerly awaited sixth vel is exception, but the foregoing provides acursory peek at the narrative drift of a daring, entertaining, and illuminating reading experience. In Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas, the author explores new terrain. As always, however, his prose is funny, wise, provocative, erotic, lyrical - and a little on the wild side. Longtime Rob
- Author BiographyTom Robbins has been called a vital natural resource by The Oregonian, one of the wildest and most entertaining novelists in the world by the Financial Times of London, and the most dangerous writer in the world today by Fernanda Pivano of Italy s Corriere della Sera. A Southerner by birth, Robbins has lived in and around Seattle since 1962.
- Author(s)Tom Robbins
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1995
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam USA
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Weight320 g
- Width135 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.