All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this deeply smart and sneakily poignant collection of essays, the bestselling author of <i>Fraud </i>and <i>Don t Get Too Comfortable</i> makes an inspired case for always assuming the worst because then you ll never be disappointed. Whether he s taking on pop culture phemena with Oscar Wilde-worthy wit or dealing with personal tragedy, Rakoff s sharp observations and humorist s flair for the absurd will have you positively reveling in the untapped power of negativity.
- Author Biography<b>David Rakoff</b> is the author of four <i>New York Times</i> bestsellers: the essay collections <i>Fraud</i>, <i>Don t Get Too Comfortable</i>, and <i>Half Empty, </i>and the novel in verse<i>Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish</i>. A two-time recipient of the Lambda Literary Award and winner of the Thurber Prize for American Humor, he was a regular contributor to Public Radio International s <i>This American Life.</i>His writing frequently appeared in <i>The New York Times</i>, <i>Newsweek</i>, <i>Wired</i>, <i>Salon</i>, <i>GQ</i>, <i>Outside</i>, <i>Gourmet</i>, <i>Vogue</i>, and <i>Slate</i>, among other publications. An accomplished stage and screen actor, playwright, and screenwriter, he adapted the screenplay for and starred in Joachim Back s film <i>The New Tenants</i>, which won the 2010 Academy Award for Best Live Action Short. He died in 2012.
- Author(s)David Rakoff
- PublisherAnchor Books
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Books
- Weight240 g
- Width135 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.