All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionEddy Merckx is to cycling what Muhammad Ali is to boxing or Pele to soccer: simply the best there has ever been. Merckx amassed an astonishing 445 victories. Lance Armstrong, by comparison, managed fewer than 100. Merckx didn't just beat his opponents; he crushed them.</p> But his triumphs only tell half a story that includes horrific injury, a doping controversy, and tragedy. He was nicknamed the Cannibal for his insatiable appetite for victory, but the moniker did scant justice to a man who was handsome, sensitive, and surprisingly anxious.</p> A number-one bestseller in the United Kingdom, <i>Half Man, Half Bike</i> is the definitive story of a man whose fear of failure drove him to the highest pinnacles before ultimately destroying him.
- Author Biography<b>William Fotheringham</b> is the cycling correspondent at the <i>Guardian</i> newspaper, covering the Tour de France as well as three Olympic Games. He launched <i>Cycle Sport</i> magazine in 1993 and <i>ProCycling</i> magazine and website in 1998. He is the author of <i>A Century of Cycling</i>, <i>Cycle Racing</i>, <i>Cyclopedia</i>, and <i>Put Me Back on My Bike</i>.
- Author(s)William Fotheringham
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width132 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.