All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the agony of witnessing her mother's multiple--and ultimately successful--suicide attempts, Linda Gray Sexton, daughter of the acclaimed poet Anne Sexton, struggles with an engulfing undertow of depression. Here, with powerful, unsparing prose, Sexton conveys her urgent need to escape the legacy of suicide that consumed her family--a topic rarely explored, even today, in such poignant depth. Linda Gray Sexton tries multiple times to kill herself--even though as a daughter, sister, wife, and most importantly, a mother, she kws the pain her act would cause. But unlike her mother's story, Linda's is ultimately one of triumph. Through the help of family, therapy, and medicine, she confronts deep-seated issues and curbs the haunting cycle of suicide she once seemed destined to inherit.
- Author(s)Linda Gray Sexton
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight386 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.