All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIt is London, 1880, and Lucas Jarmyn struggles to make sense of the death of his beloved youngest daughter; his wife, Aurora, seeks solace in rigid social routines; and his eighteen-year-old daughter Dinah looks for fulfilment in unusual places. Only the housekeeper, the estimable Mrs Logan, seems able to carry on. A train accident in a provincial town on the railway Lucas owns claims the life of a young child and, amid the public outcry, a father journeys to London demanding justice. As he arrives in the city on a frozen January morning he finds a family with a terrible secret tearing their lives apart.
- Author BiographyMaggie Joel is a British-born writer now living in Sydney. She has been writing fiction and non-fiction for over ten years. Her first two novels The Past and Other Lies and The Second-Last Woman in England were published by Constable & Robinson.
- Author(s)Maggie Joel
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight405 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.