All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJessie Price is young and beautiful, and has travelled the drovers' roads from South Wales to London's Smithfield Market. She is anxious to escape from her wicked boss, Jed Lambert, and her friends encourage her to become a milkmaid in London. Her ambition to own her own dairy grows, and she is helped by young Aible, who has fallen in love with her. Meanwhile, Non Jones is desperately unhappy. She kws that her husband Caradoc loves her but his family still don't accept her, and are cruel when Caradoc Isn't watching. Non hates the thought that Caradoc is leaving her and their son to go to London on the drove, and when she receives news of a terrible accident, her world falls apart. Jessie is fighting to make her business a success, but is devastated when the man she loves is arrested and sent to Newgate prison. She kws that he is incent, and will rely on Non to speak for him in court. But Non has many worries of her own, and hasn't given up hope that she will be reunited with Caradoc, whatever it takes...
- Author BiographyIris Gower was born in Swansea, where she still lives. The mother of four grown-up children, she has written over twenty bestselling novels. She received an Honorary Fellowship from the University of Wales Swansea in 1999 and has been awarded an MA in Creative Writing from the University of Cardiff.
- Author(s)Iris Gower
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2005
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Out-of-print date01/02/2014
- Weight192 g
- Width109 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.61
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.