Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionA few days before the end of spring term, an anymous te arrived at The Harvard Crimson. It contained a photograph of a student and a typed message: Keep this picture. There will soon be a very juicy story involving this woman. Now, the critically acclaimed author of The Dead Girl reveals the never-before-told story of two girls - one from Ethiopia, the other from Vietnam - for whom admission to Harvard was like halfway heaven, the stepping stone to the American Dream that would ensure success for them and their families; and how they met instead with the darkest of all fates: a tragedy that might have been prevented. Based on Melanie Thernstrom's article in The New Yorker, here is the complete story of an unfathomable murder/suicide that shocked the country - and a groundbreaking expose of one of America's most distinguished universities.
- Author Biography<b>Melanie Thernstrom</b> is a journalist and creative writing teacher, and the critically acclaimed author of <i>The Dead Girl </i>and <i>Halfway Heaven.</i> A native of Boston, she graduated from Harvard University.
- Author(s)Melanie Thernstrom
- PublisherPlume Books
- Date of Publication01/09/1998
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlume Books
- Weight213 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.