Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.68Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionSince discovering the Canadian Flyer, a magical time-traveling sled, in Emily's attic, Matt and Emily have outrun disaurs in the Alberta badlands, evaded slave catchers on the Underground Railroad, and seen the last spike driven into the Canadian Pacific Railway. This time, Emily and Matt land on Citadel Hill in Halifax, Nova Scotia just as the <i>SS Mont Blanc</i>, a ship laden with explosives, explodes in the harbor! In the chaos that follows, the two friends find a small dog wandering around with Tim, a dazed young soldier who has just returned from fighting overseas in World War I. Can Emily and Matt help Tim find his niece, Carolyn, the dog's owner? What if she's been hurt in the blast and needs help? Frieda Wishinsky s fast-paced text makes this chapter book a riveting read, and Patricia Ann Lewis-MacDougall's action-packed illustrations help situate early readers in the time and place of the story. A special section at the back of the book highlights additional historical information as Emily and Matt each collect their favorite ten favorite facts learned on their adventure. Wishinsky shares her favorite facts here too, in a lively Q&A format.
- Author BiographyFrieda Wishinsky has written many beloved and bestselling books for children. Her books have earned numerous accolades, including a nomination for the Governor General s Award. She is the author of <i>Where Are You, Bear?</i>; <i>You're Mean, Lily Jean</i>; <i>Each One Special</i>; and <i>What's the Matter with Albert?</i> among others. Originally from New York, she now lives in Toronto. Patricia Ann Lewis-MacDougall has been an illustrator for children's books and a storyboard artist for television animation for 15 years. She has boarded shows such as <i>Little Bear</i> and <i>Franklin the Turtle</i> as well as the upcoming <i>Rob the Robot</i>. She is the illustrator of <i>Black Bear, Loon & Walleye: A Fable from the Northwoods</i>. She lives in Stoney Creek, ON.
- Author(s)Frieda Wishinsky
- PublisherMaple Tree Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCanadian Flyer Adventures (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMaple Tree Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patricia Ann Lewis-MacDougall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.