Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive overview of hall of fame museums and exhibits, this work traces the history, examines and compares the facilities, exhibits, and operations, and describes 274 halls of fame in over 100 fields in the United States and 10 other countries. The information is based on recently compiled surveys. More than half of the museums and exhibits are in the area of sports, but others range from aviation and space to cockroaches. Of interest to high school, college, university, and public libraries for their popular culture/travel reference shelves. A great source for vacations, each entry provides the address, telephone number, hours, and admission fees as well as content, operations, and more. The hall of fame movement began in Europe several centuries ago with memorials to national heroes and other illustrious persons. But it was t until the 20th century that the contemporary hall of fame movement horing outstanding achievers in particular fields received its impetus and attained its greatest success in the United States. Other countries covered in the book include Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, and Singapore. Not all halls of fame are in museums. Other places include civic centers, sports arenas, government buildings, universities, and racetracks.
- Author BiographyVICTOR J. DANILOV is Director of the Museum Management Program at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Dr. Danilov was president and director of Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry for fifteen years. He is author of 18 books including University and College Museums, Galleries, and Related Facilities (1996), Museum Careers and Training: A Professional Guide (1994), A Planning Guide for Corporate Museums, Galleries, and Visitor Centers (1992), Corporate Museums, Galleries, and Visitor Centers: A Directory (1991), and America's Science Museums (1990), all from Greenwood Press.
- Author(s)Victor J. Danilov
- Date of Publication25/11/1997
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight597 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.