All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.66Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionElias Sullivan had it all: looks, power, and money. But, he was arrogant and cruel. He thought it would just be ather day at the bank, but an unusual encounter with a little old woman would turn his world upside down. Turn your back on humanity, cross the wrong person, and this too could be your fate. Free Preview: Sullivan rolled his eyes and went into his office to wait. He didn't have to wait long. At precisely four fifteen, his office door opened and the old woman entered. He glared at her as she made her way to the chair. She said, A gentleman stands when a lady enters a room. When I see a lady, I'll stand, he responded. He certainly was t going to have someone who didn't kw how to dress herself teaching him manners. She igred the insult and said, I am here regarding the matter of my granddaughter's mortgage. Her name is Shaniqua Lee. Sullivan typed her name into his computer and read the results. She is behind one month's rent, and there are penalties for being late. She needs to have twelve hundred dollars on my desk by the close of business Monday or she and her possessions will be out on the street at the start of business Tuesday. The old woman responded, Those 'possessions' are ages five and two and a half! The money will be here Friday, and then she can pay you what she owes-plus the next two months' rent. Can't you wait? Sullivan said, She knew the terms when she signed the lease. So I guess the answer ... is . For heaven's sake, it's only five days! she said in an elevated voice. I gave you my answer. I'm warning you-you'd better reconsider! You're 'warning' me, he said with a chuckle. Are you telling me that you would throw babies out in the street! Babies, responded Sullivan calmly, are t my business. Money is my one and only business. The old woman stood up in anger. She said, I have tried to deal with you in a calm and practical manner, but you will t yield. What comes next I do t do lightly, but you have brought this upon yourself! As she spoke, she reached into her bag. Sullivan put his hand next to the emergency button under his desk, unprepared for what came next.
- Author(s)DM Flexer
- Date of Publication14/08/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.