All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSpooks and spirits, ghosts and goblins, witches and the weird...it's Halloween...one of the most widely celebrated holidays of the year. But why do we trick-or-treat, carve pumpkins and dress up in costumes? What are the legends and lore behind some of our most treasured Halloween traditions? Find out all about this spooky holiday: * The ancient Celts wore masks and costumes on Halloween night to avoid being recognized as human because they thought spirits and ghosts roamed the countryside * In an attempt to prevent spirits of the dead from leaving their final resting place, gravestones were once placed on top of deeply dug graves * Wiccaphobia is the fear of witches * Several distilleries around the world produce alcoholic beverages with a grim twist; an English firm produces Vampyre Vodka that is blood red in color * According to the Guinness Book of Records, the largest gathering of zombies occurred in Ledbury, Hertfordshire, on August 6, 2009, with 4026 participants. * And so much more...
- Author BiographyTonya Lambert is an author and historian who currently resides in Edmonton, Alberta. She holds an MA in History from the University of Saskatchewan. Tonya has done a great deal of academic writing and has worked in the publishing sector as an indexer, transcriber, editor and bookseller, but her real love is writing. In recent years she has taken a keen interest in popular culture, specifically holiday themes. An earlier work, Halloween Trivia, was published by Blue Bike Books. Tonya is also the single mother of three girls, who keep her constantly on the go.
- Author(s)Tonya Lambert
- PublisherBlue Bike Books
- Date of Publication12/07/2010
- SubjectTrivia & Quiz Books
- Place of PublicationEdmonton
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBlue Bike Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width55 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.