Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a story about a lifelong friendship that spans over the better part of the twentieth century and beyond. It also reflects some historical events that occurred in Alexandria, Egypt, during the fifties where the members of the 'Hamishiya (the Hebrew word for quintet) were born, paralelled with the creation of the State of Israel. The history of the social, political, and religious events as they relate to the Zionist Movement, played a very important backdrop to this lasting friendship. The author, Marcel Louza, was instrumental in keeping this friendship alive for over sixty years! Here, his own life unfolds, from being a prisoner in a Lebanese jail, to becoming a commando fighting terrorism in Israel, and still managing to keep in touch with his four friends. This is a snapshot of their common adventures during their youth and their personal journey into adulthood to the senior years. While being captivated by serious episodes, you will also laugh heartily by some hilarious vignettes. It's all in there!
- Author(s)A Memoir by Marcel Louza
- Date of Publication19/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.