All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most terrifying demons are those that are real. And of your own creation. What would you do if you suddenly woke up and found yourself in a state mental institution that looked more like a prison than a hospital? Then when you demanded to kw why you were being held against your will, one in the place would give you a straight answer. And on top of this, you have a serious case of amnesia. Especially when you are asked to recount any details about Hampton Road. That's when you panic, and all that you can remember is a blinding flash. And that everything once familiar to you, longer is. When your mother visits you she acts like a stranger. And your girlfriend appears frightened by your odd behavior. Even your best friend seems to have disappeared into thin air. Nothing seems real. Not even you to yourself. You feel like an imposter. A fake. And you feel alone. Terribly alone. Welcome to Hampton Road and the disturbing world of the main character, a young man who appears to have lost everything, except maybe his wry sense of humor. This psychological thriller is told from the perspective of three characters, whose lives converge one fateful night when the world as they knew it ended.
- Author BiographyHampton Road, a psychological thriller for young adults, is Michael Segedy's first novel. Evil's Root, a political thriller set in Peru, is his fourth book and second novel. Other works of his include A Critical Look at John Gardner's Grendel, Teaching Literature and Writing in the Secondary Classroom, and Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson with Introduction, Notes, and Lessons by Michael Segedy. Most of his adult life, Michael has lived overseas (Peru, Morocco, Israel, and Taiwan) teaching high school literature and technology. Michael has published numerous academic articles about literature and writing and an annotated edition of Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson. In 1985, Gwendolyn Brooks, poet laureate of Illinois, presented him with Virginia English Bulletin's first place writing award. Michael and his family currently live in Lima, Peru, and with his family's support and encouragement he hopes soon to begin his third novel.
- Author(s)MR Michael Segedy
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.12Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $91.04
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.74
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.