All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authoritative industry guide on good practice for planning and scheduling in construction This handbook acts as a guide to good practice, a text to accompany learning and a reference document for those needing information on background, best practice, and methods for practical application. A Handbook for Construction Planning & Scheduling presents the key issues of planning and programming in scheduling in a clear, concise and practical way. The book divides into four main sections: Planning and Scheduling within the Construction Context; Planning and Scheduling Techniques and Practices; Planning and Scheduling Methods; Delay and Forensic Analysis. The authors include both basic concepts and updates on current topics demanding close attention from the construction industry, including planning for sustainability, waste, health and safety and Building Information Modelling (BIM). The book is especially useful for early career practitioners - engineers, quantity surveyors, construction managers, project managers - who may already have a basic grounding in civil engineering, building and general construction but lack extensive planning and scheduling experience. Students will find the website helpful with worked examples of the methods and calculations for typical construction projects plus other directed learning material. This authoritative industry guide on good practice for planning and scheduling in construction is written in a direct, informative style with a clear presentation enabling easy access of the relevant information with a companion website providing additional resources and learning support material. * the authoritative industry guide on construction planning and scheduling * direct informative writing style and clear presentation enables easy access of the relevant information * companion website provides additional learning material.
- Author BiographyAndrew Baldwin, BSc(Hons), MSc, PhD, CEng, FICE, Eur Ing, has extensive construction industry and academic experience. Following a career in the civil engineering and construction industries that included planning and scheduling for a number of major construction projects, he commenced an academic career at Loughborough University, UK, where he is now Emeritus Professor in Construction Management. He is also a Distinguished Visiting Professor at Chongqing University, China, where he is a Co-Director of the National Centre for International Research of Low-Carbon and Green Buildings, a position funded under the national One Thousand Experts programme. David Bordoli, BSc, MSc, FCIOB, MAPM, ACIArb, is an extremely experienced planning professional who began his career as a planning engineer with construction contractors then worked as a consultant, providing contractual advice, preparing time delay claims, reports for adjudications, arbitrations and litigation, and undertaking expert witness appointments in delay and disruption disputes in construction and engineering. He is now a Director of Driver Trett and has recently spent most of his time working on overseas projects, particularly in South Africa.
- Author(s)Andrew Baldwin,David Bardoli
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2014
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight838 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $30.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.