Handbook for K-8 Arts Integration: Purposeful Planning Across the Curriculum by Nan L. McDonald (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $118.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.71Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
About this product
- DescriptionBook study groups and professional learning communties, save 15% when you order 10 copies of Handbook for K-8 Arts Integration,a $490 value for $413. Contact your representative for details. If you are a pre-service or a practicing teacher this is one book you will want in your library. This concise and practical, yet research-based, handbook will show you how to create and use standards-based art activities to teach across the content areas. Written in an engaging and practical format complete with classroom vignettes and examples you will learn see what arts integration looks like in practice. Utlizing a constructive and reflective process (purposeful planning) this handbook empowers teachers to plan, teach, and evaluate thier own art-infused lessons linked to what their students will need to kw within other content area instruction.
- Author BiographyNan L. McDonald, Ed.D., is currently an Associate Professor and Coordinator of Music Education at San Diego State University's School of Music and Dance. With over 30 years of teaching experience in preschool, K-university level music education, integrated arts for classroom teachers, music and early literacy development, and classroom discipline and management, Dr. McDonald is actively involved in training both future and practicing music and classroom teachers. She is the recipient of the prestigious Monty , the SDSU Alumni Award for Outstanding Contributions to the University for the SDSU College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts. Dr. McDonald has twice been designated as the Outstanding Faculty Member in both Liberal Studies (1999) and School of Music and Dance (2005) and has been honored as the California Outstanding University Music Educator (2000) by the California Music Educators Association. She was twice elected the Executive State Vice President of the California Music Educators Association (1994-1998) and continues to collaborate with many school districts and universities nationwide in professional growth offerings and curriculum development for practicing arts specialists and classroom teachers. Dr. McDonald is the author of numerous scholarly articles in national and international publications. She is also a Program Author for Pearson Education/Scott Foresman, Silver Burdett Music's K-8 national basal text series in music, Making Music (c) 2002, 2005 and Making Music With the Arts Across the Curriculum (c) 2008. Dr. McDonald and SDSU colleague, Dr. Douglas Fisher, have written two books for classroom teacher education entitled Teaching Literacy Through the Arts: A Guidebook for Teachers by Guilford Publications, 2006, and Developing Arts-Loving Readers: Top Ten Questions Teachers are Asking about Integrated Arts Education published by Rowan & Littlefield, 2002. Dr. McDonald is currently writing an integrated arts methods text for graduate education courses which will be published by Pearson.
- Author(s)Nan L. McDonald
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication03/08/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight288 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.